Last updated: This Privacy Statement was last updated on 24 May 2018.
The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to outline how AquaTT, as AQUAEXCEL2020 website manager, deals with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website.
- Types of data we collect and what we use it for
- When you use the AQUAEXCEL2020 website: Like most websites, we gather analytical data collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to the website. The data that we collect through Google Analytics is anonymised and is therefore not personally identifiable. If you don’t want your data to be collected by Google Analytics, you can opt-out through https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Safari Mobile
- When you subscribe to the AQUAEXCEL2020 newsletter: On subscribing you provide us with personal data; your name and email address. We use this data to send you the AQUAEXCEL2020 e-newsletter, AQUAEXCEL2020 press releases, invitations to events and updates on AQUAEXCEL2020 project activities.
- If you want to stop receiving the AQUAEXCEL2020 newsletter and updates, you may do so at any time by emailing email@example.com and requesting to unsubscribe from the AQUAEXCEL2020 newsletter. Your email address will be deleted from our database.
- When you apply for AQUAEXCEL2020 Training Courses: We will retain your details (including application form and personal details) until final review of the AQUAEXCEL2020 project and its outcomes by the European Commission. We use this data to contact you in relation to providing further information on the training courses and to obtain information on your results and experience, for example for our project reports and project newsletter.
- When you apply for AQUAEXCEL2020 Transnational Access (TNA) programmes: We will retain your details (including personal details) until final review of the AQUAEXCEL2020 project and its outcomes by the European Commission. We use this data to contact you in relation to obtaining information on your results and experience, for example for our AQUAEXCEL2020 newsletter and Knowledge Output collection. We may also use this data to invite you to AQUAEXCEL2020 (brokerage) events.
- What we do with your data?
The AQUAEXCEL2020 website and social media accounts (e.g. Twitter) may provide links to other (third-party) websites and social media for your convenience and information e.g. other project partners websites/social media accounts. Linked websites and social media have their own privacy notices or policies, which we recommend that you review. To the extent any linked websites or social media accounts are not owned or controlled by us, we are not liable for their content, any use of the websites or social media accounts, or the privacy practices of the websites or social media accounts. We may also share your personal data with other third parties to the extent necessary to: (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law; (ii) prevent illegal uses of our website; or (iii) defend ourselves against third party claims.
- How long we keep your data
Your data will be retained on the AquaTT servers until you unsubscribe from the AQUAEXCEL2020 newsletter mailing list, or otherwise notify us that you no longer wish to receive our press releases and updates on AQUAEXCEL2020 activities and project activities.
Your data in relation to AQUAEXCEL2020 training courses and AQUAEXCEL2020 TNA programmes will be retained on our servers for the duration of the AQUAEXCEL2020 project. This includes retaining your personal data until final review of the project and its outcomes by the European Commission. This is typically no longer than three years after the official end date of the project. If we wish to retain your details for longer than this duration, we will ask for your explicit consent.
- Your Rights relating to personal data
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, all such requests should be made in writing by emailing Olivia Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the objective of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. If you are not satisfied with our response to a complaint, you can then complain to the Data Protection Commission or exercise any of your other rights pursuant to data protection legislation (www.dataprotection.ie).
- Updates to the Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement. The ‘Last updated’ section at the top of this page indicates when it was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised version on the AQUAEXCEL2020 website. Your use of the AQUAEXCEL2020 website and services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
- Questions and Feedback
The data controller for the AQUAEXCEL2020 website and services provided through this website is AquaTT, located at Olympic House, Pleasant’s Street, Dublin 8, Ireland.